Ever wondered about these questions? What Does Jesus Say About...
- ...Religion? We live in a world where the subject of religion is mentioned every day in our newspapers and on the TV. Jesus also lived in a world that gave great importance to this subject... but what he had to say on this often-controversial topic surprised many people!
- ...the Afterlife? Is this life really all there is, or is there life after death - even eternal life? We reflect on what Jesus says about this life and the next.
- ...'Merry Xmas'? More and more schools are dispensing with the traditional nativity play. The Christmas story, depicting the birth of Jesus, is being replaced by Elvis, footballers and aliens, in what are increasingly becoming known as 'winter celebrations'. The question is: without Jesus, is there anything to celebrate? Can you really have a 'Merry Xmas'?
- ...Possessions? We live in a very material world where technology, fashion and music are all rapidly changing. In order to keep up, we must buy more, more often. No one wants to be left behind; no one wants last year's leftovers. The quest for the new is a never-ending one, but why?
- ...Love? 'All you need is love...' Every February, millions of pounds are spent on cards, flowers and candlelit restaurants. The subject of love has inspired authors, poets and songwriters - we probably all know the song All You Need Is Love, but do you agree with that sentiment? Not surprisingly, the Bible also has a great deal to say about love and its meaning, and Jesus in particular spoke about love on many occasions.
- ...Thankfulness? Mums are extraordinary people in so many different ways - they are there when things are going well and they are there when life is tough. And all the while, we usually take them for granted, assuming that it's just what mothers do! That's why Mothers' Day is such a special day - a day when we can stop and give thanks for our mums. We consider the question of what Jesus says about thankfulness.
- ...Worry? Worry afflicts all of us. Some of us would describe ourselves as natural worriers - we worry about everything, and if for any reason we find that we haven't got anything to worry about, we worry about not having anything to worry about! Others perhaps worry less frequently, but all of us are affected - be it concerns about finances, politics or the future. Even though we all instinctively know that it does us no good, we still keep doing it! So how are we to deal with worry?
What Does Jesus Say About... Religion?
19 Oct 2014 AM
What Does Jesus Say About... the Afterlife?
16 Nov 2014 AM
What Does Jesus Say About... 'Merry Xmas'?
21 Dec 2014 AM
What Does Jesus Say About... Possessions?
18 Jan 2015 AM
What Does Jesus Say About... Love?
15 Feb 2015 AM
What Does Jesus Say About... Thankfulness?
15 Mar 2015 AM
What Does Jesus Say About... Worry?
17 May 2015 AM